Horse Riding Quotes and Sayings

There is no secret so close as that between a rider and his horse.
- R S Surtees

One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.
- Jeffrey Bernard

Money, horse racing and women, three things the boys just can’t figure out.
- Will Rogers

The profession of book writing makes horse racing seem like a solid and stable business.
- John Steinbeck

Horse racing is animated roulette.
- Roger Kahn

A difference of opinion is what makes horse racing and missionaries.
- Will Rogers

Nobody has ever bet enough on a winning horse.
- Richard Sasuly

He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on.
- Benjamin Franklin

Ride the horse in the direction that it’s going.
- Werner Erhard

This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.
- Ted Walsh

I had a horse, always, and I’d ride the horse in the summertime, sometimes bare back - gentle horse, you understand.
- Sam Donaldson

Horse Racing Fantasy is exactly what the sport needs. It’s exciting and educational. Good work!!
- Nick Hines

No horse gets anywhere until he is harnessed. No stream or gas drives anything until it is confined. No Niagara is ever turned into light and power until it is tunneled. No life ever grows great until it is focused, dedicated, disciplined.
- Harry Emerson Fosdick

When my horse is running good, I don’t stop to give him sugar.
- Doug Horton

I ride my horse at competition level.
- Alannah Myles

A horse never runs so fast as when he has other horses to catch up and outpace.
- Ovid

A horse is a thing of beauty… none will tire of looking at him as long as he displays himself in his splendor.
- Xenophon

The horse I bet on was so slow, the jockey kept a diary of the trip.
- Henny Youngman

Angelina wanted to make sure that any fighting in the movie would be comparable to any male actor. Everything from stick fighting to horse riding was real to her.
- Jan de Bont

As a good horse is not very apt to jump over a bank, if left to guide himself, I let mine pick his own way.
- Buffalo Bill

I have seven horses. I’m known to go off on my horse for about six hours in the wilderness.
- Armand Assante

If a horse won’t eat it, I don’t want to play on it.
- Richie Allen

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Some of them aren't even good. But I love “There is no secret so close as that between a rider and her horse.” Totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

June 03, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home